February 27, 2012

Soft Breakfast Pancakes


Do you remember the mornings when you wake up and realize you don't have any readymade Dosa batter in the fridge nor are you in a mood for any elaborate cooking?  I was in one such mood this morning. How often can I keep feeding Aaron oats for his breakfast ! I wanted him to try something else today. So off  I scampered to the kitchen  in my pajamas and sleepy as hell to see what provisions I have. I needed something healthy and quick so Aaron can have the same thing as me. 2 over ripe Bananas!!! Time to go grocery shopping but its too late for that. I need to feed my little one soon too. Suddenly I think of my mom's quick, easy and yummy pancakes. I quickly mixed up the batter and kept it to rise for 20 minutes while I freshen up my sonny boy. As soon as he is ready, Voila!!! So is his breakfast!!! Thank you Amma for teaching me this super duper easy recipe.




You will need:
Maida - 2 cups
Small Ripe Bananas - 2
Eggs - 2
Baking Powder -  3 tsp
Sugar - 2 Tbsp
Vanilla Essence -  1 tsp
Water - 1/2 cup
Salt to taste

Cream together the bananas and the eggs.
Add rest of the ingredients and make it into a smooth batter.
The batter should not be too thin but of a creamy pourable consistency.
Keep the batter aside to rise slightly for about 20 to 30 minutes.
Heat a flat non stick skillet and spoon the mixture. You don’t have to spread it with a spoon like a dosa.
Once you get small holes on the pancake, flip to cook on the other side for a few seconds and remove from fire.
Serve it warm with a good drizzling of Maple syrup/ Honey / Chocolate sauce / Whipped cream. It is also very tasty with a serving of fresh fruit such as bananas or strawberries too.
Enjoy a hearty quick breakfast.

Tip: Don't add too much sugar as the pancake tends to burn quickly on the underside within few seconds of pouring the batter on the hot pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment