March 4, 2012

Spicy Glazed Chicken Wings


Again struck by the cooking bug, I was in such a mood to try a recipe that I saw on Food Food channel. When I heard my long time friend was staying with me for the weekend, I already knew what I was going to be feeding her. This recipe has now become my favorite appetizer and I am looking forward to making it again for the next big dinner party. Simple and not very time consuming, it is the perfect appetizer especially when you have a screaming toddler in the house and have to do the cooking in such a rush.



You will need:
Chicken wings - 1 Kg

For the Marinade:
Degi Mirch - 1 tsp
Mixed herbs (I used coriander and cumin only) - 1 tsp
Salt
Plain Flour - 2 Tbsp
Corn flour - 1 Tbsp

For the glaze:
Chopped Garlic - 1 tsp
Ginger Paste - 1 tsp
Vinegar - 2 tsp
Brown Sugar - 2 tbsp
Red Chilli Paste - 3 Tbsp
Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
Corn flour - 1 tsp
Water - 1/2 cup
Salt - to taste
Oil - 1 tbsp
Chopped Coriander Leaves - a small bunch



Marinate the chicken wings in salt, degi mirch and mixed herbs. Keep it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
Put the flour and corn flour in a zip lock bag. Toss the marinated chicken in the flour coating it well.
Arrange it on a baking tray, spray with a little oil and bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the sauce for the glaze.
Heat the oil. Sauté ginger, garlic, chilli paste, chilli powder and the brown sugar. 
Stir until the brown sugar melts. Add the vinegar, water,corn flour and stir until the sauce thickens.
Once the chicken is done cooking in the oven, transfer them into the hot sauce.
Keep stirring until the sauce is completely dried up and coats the chicken wings.
Just before removing it from the flame, toss it with some chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment