June 21, 2012

Baked Spaghetti



I love this blog marathon I am suddenly doing. Thanks to that cooking bug which has bitten me quite strongly. Today's lunch specialty was this amazing Baked Spaghetti which left ten souls real happy. My best friend is moving to US and this one was made especially for their family. I love cooking for them so much that it always leaves me feeling that I haven't done my best yet. She and her family has been with us through a lot of ups and down... and now, they are leaving. Will miss you lots Arti and family!!! OK, before I get into any more emotional drama, I better stop and tell you readers more about this bake.

This Spaghetti Bake is almost like a baked Bolognese. It has a sweet yet tangy taste to it. The texture of the smooth spaghetti drenched with the crunchiness of the minced meat is truly gorgeous. The gooey mozzarella adds to the wonderful flavor making it truly delish. Overall, this dish has a variety of texture packed with the most wonderful flavors of Italy.

You will need:
Minced beef - 1 kg
Spaghetti - 400 gms
Mozzarella Cheese - 1 cup
Hot and sweet Tomato sauce - 2 cups
Water - 1 cup
Tomato chopped - 4
Onion chopped - 1 Big
Garlic grated - 4 pods
Basil Leaves - about 5 to 6
Sugar - 1 tbsp
Salt - to taste
Bay leaves - 2
Italian Seasoning - 2 tsp
Keya Garlic Bread seasoning - 1 tsp

Cook and drain the spaghetti as instructed in the package.
Cook the minced meat in a little water for about 20 minutes. I used a pressure cooker for this.
Make the sauce by boiling a mixture of tomato sauce, water, chopped tomatoes, onion, garlic, seasonings, sugar and salt. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
Add to the cooked beef  and the basil leaves along with the stock in it and simmer for another 20 minutes or until the sauce is quite thick. Check for salt at this point and add accordingly.
Preheat the oven to 180 C.
Pour a layer of the sauce in a pie dish.
Top it with a layer of spaghetti and finish with the sauce.
Bake for about 20 minutes.
Sprinkle with the cheese and bake for another 10 minutes.
Serve hot with Garlic bread.
This recipe yielded about two dishes of Spaghetti Bake.

No comments:

Post a Comment